Tuesday, June 3, 2008

More about the gardens...

This is a bit belated, but about a week and a half ago, I thinned my spinach. I'm not very good at growing things from seed, but somehow these came up and needed to be spaced out a bit. I felt like I was harvesting my first crop, like it was very organic and healthful, and I munched a few :)

Last year I tried some veggies for the first time, but I think I only ended up growing some zuchinni. This year I'm venturing on and trying several fruits & veggies:

Strawberries (too bad you have to wait until yr 2 to eat them!), blueberries, blackberries, and rasberries. Spinach, zuchinni,
green peppers, bush tomatoes (can anyone say SALSA?), and pole green beans. I even planted an herb pot (oregano, parsley, chives, & rosemary) and a few things for tea (peppermint & chammomile).

Who says you can't garden in the city?

4 comments:

Procrastination said...

overachiever! You can't take the gardener out of some people, no matter where they live! I on the other hand, just kill things. But I will be happy to eat your spinach, actually I make a really good spicy spinach if you are interested! I am so happy for your garden I hope it flourishes! And if you ever have too much zucchini is one veggie eric WILL eat!

Jason Mitchell said...

I would honestly love to tell people "I thinned out my spinach". I would tell everyone I saw if I were you Pearl.

Way to go.

Hope said...

oh goodness, you are seriously one of the COOLEST people i have ever met. im serious! if i go to Michigan this fall maybe ill garden too.

p said...

aw thanks you guys are too nice, haha.

megan: nothing wrong with a "black thumb"--you probably have a green one in something in life i would kill