Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The News is Official

Well, the news became public yesterday with my volunteer teams and the LCBC staff and today with the rest of our young adult community, so that means it can officially be blogged as well. I'll just share what the rest of the young adult community received:

Dear Liquid Community,
We are excited to share that God has been leading us both to a new season in life. We both have a deep love for working with the church. That is not changing, but we have also experienced increasing stirring toward a new phase. The sad part is that this means we will no longer be working with young adults here at LCBC. Instead, over the next few months Pearl will be transitioning to working in the community, discovering what faith and loving people looks like in that context, and Matt will be transitioning on as well. We are both also exploring the possibility of grad school at Biblical Seminary with their LEAD Master of Divinity program. We are so thankful for these several years we have had working alongside you all. We feel so privileged for being a part of what God is doing at LCBC, and stand more and more in awe every day about what's happening here. We can't wait to see what God continues to do here! We are both available if you have questions or want to talk more about our transitions, so feel free to email or call. May you continue to know Christ and how deeply you are loved, Matt & Pearl Parks

So that's the big news. I think it had been a while coming but I didn't realize it. When you're in the middle of things it just has a way of being cloudy from all the factors involved, but one day God gave me the stimulous he knew I needed as I always struggle with major decisions and it just became really clear deep down in my gut that the right next step for me was a transition. I love working with the church, but I haven't quite found my voice in it yet. I thought I could find it along the way while I was working in the church, but I think instead I just started getting kind of caught in a rut that I realized I needed to step out of to start exploring my heart more. Sooooo, I did.

I'm so excited for this new season, but it's also terrifying at times. It's so easy in my head to say "trust God, he led me here, so he'll take care of me", but when I'm actually having to drive around turning in resumes feeling like I'll never be able to find something I love doing that makes more than $9 or $10 an hr trust suddenly eludes me.

When you think of it, send up a little prayer for us. We appreciate so much the way you all have already been coming around us with encouragement, tips, etc. Thanks for loving!

Thank God he journeys with us...

1 comment:

chris horton said...

wow... that's awesome P! You and Matt are 2 of the neatest people God put on my path! Looking forward to seeing you 2 around!

You'll both be fine! Congrats for the clarity God has given you both. I know all about ruts myself.....