Thursday, June 26, 2008

Jesus. Enough.

It's funny how we learn the same lessons over and over again, isn't it?

With all the transitions coming up, my ability to trust God and his goodness has been sorely shaken. Then fears of failure and shame began to bubble to the surface the past few days as well.

But God has been sending those subtle but consistent reminders like he does--those echoes, those whispers of what we need to hear. For me they have been of the simplicity of Christ. To truly know I am deeply loved. To know I am completely forgiven. To know that Christ walks beside me, freeing me from fear of failure as I trust his sufficiency. Sufficiency not only for the past, but also for the present and the future. Sufficiency that means he will guide my steps and restore my heart.

Christ. Enough.

May you find true rest in that, my friends.

1 comment:

Cognitive Dissonance said...

I am so excited to hear what is going on with you guys and that you are learning and being challenged. Can't wait to catch up when you get home.

Praying that God will continue to work in and through you.