Saturday, October 25, 2008

Yes, I wear man deodorant

My deodorant choice became the rather hilarious topic of conversation at work on Thursday.

About a year ago, I decided on a whim to switch to non anti-perspiration deodorant. The common anti-perspirant ingredients are reputed to have cancer-causing potential. Now, I am sure many of you at this point are rolling your eyes and dismissing me as yet another one of those cancer-phobes. Hold on! Don't stop reading! I admit, the supposed risk was the motivating factor for my switch, but I promise I am not fanatic about it.

The problem was, I couldn't seem to find a women's deoderant that wasn't combined with anti-perspirant. I chose the logical next choice: the most neutral smelling men's deoderant I could find. This happened to be Old Spice, fresh scent.

Yes, go ahead, get your laughs out. I laugh myself about it, but after I made the switch I discovered several benefits that have made me an official convert:

1) Ladies, you know how deoderant (anti-perspirant kinds that is) make your armpits grippy? Switch to a pure deoderant, and this won't happen anymore!

2) Anti-perspirant deoderant leaves that waxy residue not only on your armpits, but also embedded in the armpits of your shirts--not to mention the white streaks on the outside of your clothes. Does straight deoderant? Nope!

3) And no, I haven't noticed a marked increase in the amount I sweat by not wearing an anti-perspirant :)

It's official: I am a fan of Fresh Old Spice, and I don't plan to switch anytime soon.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used only Shaklee deordorant for years and years. It was great!

Cognitive Dissonance said...

I admit I wear womans deodorant.

Shamus said...

Work it Pearl!

I use ladies shaving cream, doesn't make me bad.

JasonFleager said...

Pearl - I to am a huge fan of Fresh scented Old Spice! I have been using it for years.

Kevin said...

That crap used to burn my arm pit - so I've been a Degree fan ever since. On a slightly related note, my dad used to wear woman's deodorant.

Anonymous said...

Hey Pearl- I wholeheartedly agree with you. Another plus is that you smell fresh and clean without the overkill of the women's fragrances.

Rachelle said...

Hey Pearl,

Just blog jumping this morn.... I have to admit....I use Old Spice and love it! One day a few years ago I ran out of deo and had to use Phils...I fell in love with it ;)