Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Streak Runners


So, I read this fascinating article the other day about streak runners like the man in this picture, Robert Kraft. These are runners who have found some motivation within themselves to cause them to run at least 1 continuous mile a day, EVERY day--regardless of health, weather, schedule, or injury.

Here's the article if this sparks your interest:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/eticket/story?page=streakrun

Although I don't think I'll ever aspire to run every day for years like these streak runners, it did awaken that stirring deep inside me that for some reason loves to run. It's the same stirring that I get about things like digging in the garden, about yoga, about appreciate art & culture, about learning. Like we do so often, I have let the busyness of life draw me away from rhythms of engaging these things I love. Maybe I should start again.

What is your activity that connects with you somewhere deep inside?

No comments: