Friday, January 16, 2009

Cold Engulfing the Nation...and Me

Reports of frigid temps are all over the news. A work contact in Chicago today informed me the wind chill there was rockin out at -51!

Last night, I decided to stick to my rhythms and take zuri for a run. The "real feel" temp was -3, so I layered up hardcore. I was still afraid of freezing though, so decided to cut my run shorter than usual. Good thing I did because:

1) My toes are still sore from getting too cold in those 15 minutes
2) I still had to stop and thaw my dog's paw 3 times
3) It was so cold my earbud wires immediately froze, making a thumpy, cold-creaky sort of noise as I ran

I was still glad I went, but tonight the real feel is -7 and I decided to stay inside curled up on the couch with a blanket. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Warmth is on the way. It was "only" 3 degrees this morning instead of minus something! And on to 30-40's next week I'm told. Then another cold front...
love ya,
Mom

Anonymous said...

You should get mittens for Zuri's paws... :)

Kevin said...

Yeah - we had -32 with the wind chill here in southern Michigan - freaking nuts.