Thursday, April 10, 2008

birds & biking


so, this nice, friendly little robin of a bird had a run-in with me on wednesday. more specifically, a robin hit me when i was biking to work.

it all happened in a split second.

i was just biking along when i saw something quickly scuffle across the road into my bike. i'm wondering: did some leaves just blow across the road? did a small animal run across? did i hit it? what's going on?

i look down to see a robin trapped, flapping around between my foot & my bike as i'm pedaling away.

needless to say i started squealing and wondering what the heck i was going to do if it started viciously pecking my feet (i ride clipped, so not the easiest thing to get off your bike quickly).

about the time this panicked thought was flashing across my mind, the bird managed to flop its way out of my pedals.

i hope it was okay.

i do have to say i'm proud of myself that i didn't panic & crash in the midst of it all :)

5 comments:

m&p said...

I do have to admit it was rather funny watching all this from behind her.

and yes I am very glad she managed to stay up during it all, road rash would suck!

Cognitive Dissonance said...

sounds like animal cruelty to me

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you still bike to work with all the trouble it has given you!

Hope said...

Hahahaha. picturing that is freaking awesome

Procrastination said...

So I would love to do a little garden exchange with you, however, there is a small problem, I have a black thumb, and you don't want me anywhere near your nice pretty garden. I just weed, and even then I am not allowed to touch the actual plants :)